Friday, January 8, 2010

Purity Ring


Over a year ago I received a purity ring for my 14th birthday. I wear it on my ring finger, and I never take it off. I realize that it is not necessary to wear a purity ring in order to keep your personal commitment to staying pure, but I think that the symbolism is important, and can be very beneficial.

When I look at my ring I am reminded that God has chosen a perfect partner for me, and that he too is patiently waiting. This thought helps me to guard my actions and words around other young men. Since receiving my purity ring I have also begun praying for my future husband. I may not know who he is, but the Lord certainly does, and I can be sure that He will hear my prayers.

Not only has wearing a purity ring encouraged me, it has also served as a witnessing tool. A few people have seen the ring and asked if I had a boyfriend. I took the opportunity to share about my commitment to my future husband and therefore, my commitment to Christ.

--Tabitha Hems (http://www.therebelution.com/)

No comments: